8/12/2014

Convention report: AnimagiC Saturday

Hey guys ^__^

Today the report of the AnimagiC Saturday follows!~


Of course this day was more interesting and I started at 11am. I had styled up myself a bit, but also tried not to overdress: I wore my black-red dress with my beloved varnish boots~ I intended to represent a self-invented demon character, and because it possesses horns I weaved four ram-shaped horns with my hair ^-^ when you use wire and fix the ends with gel glue they really stick in their position, and I haven't had problems the entire day~ Somebody has asked me how I managed this - only with help of wire, magic xD
My outfit (Photo by CosBase.de)

This day I had lots of things on my to-do-list, and after shooting a photo at the photographer stall CosBase I entered the hall for a signing session of the mangaka Kamineo. I brought my edition of the Manga "Alpha²" with me and already queued before 12am with some other people, and I needed until 12.50 until it was my turn... But it was incredible to observe how she sketched one of the characters in less than two minutes on the first page! She also signed a photo card I took with me, and successfully and happily I left ^__^
Now I had time until the Lolita fashion walk at 4pm, and I took a walk through the market hall again, but then discovered the Nintendo 3DS with Pokémon Y and tested it - mon dieu, it's just too awesome! Honestly, I was so captured by it, I really want to have a 3DS and this game now xD I'm already searching for them on eBay, maybe I'll be lucky and find a good one~ Especially the function where you can play with your Pokémon like with your dogs at Nintendogs at the end convinced me of the revolutionary character of this game ^___^

After a while I went upstairs to Manga Hamburg again and tried out another style of sketching: I created a normal pencil sketch and worked with twelve different grey shades to "colour" it - seriously, the outcome was fabulous! I never had thought you can create so vivid pictures just with pencils! Because I always have loved the pencil as my first drawing utensil I'm even more fascinated by it now and will definitely work with this technique more~
As a thank I left my sketch there and added some kind words in face of the good organization, and they said they would add the artwork to their gallery ^__^
Then I left the sketching school and returned to the Nintendo 3DS - haha, in the meantime somebody has continued playing the game and trained my Pokémon, the first one already had evolved xD I spent some more time there until I went outside for the Lolita fashion walk.
When walking through the market hall I had a funny experience: A vendour offered me a free booklet for using it as a fan because it was very hot inside. I denied and said I don't need one because I have a real fan in my bag, and he was like "Okay" - but then turned around the booklet and offered it to me again with "Booklet?" I laughed and then agreed, but actually there was just nothing interesting in... But it served well as a fan ^___^
I also started talking with him for a while, and he reported about the effort of unpacking all the Mangas from the boxes etc.; it needed from 8am to 1pm without a single break! He also told it was surprisingly empty this year, especially in Saturday afternoon prime time. But the rush at Friday noon must have been a catastrophe, even worser than the other years... It was very interesting to get these background information, especially because I'm thinking of contributing to the crew members next year.

After this chat I took the photo shown above from CosBase and went to the Lolita fashion walk. This year all models have worn handmade dresses from Japanese indie brands because the reseller Lorina Lidell made the import possible. These dresses are also cheaper than the brand ones and very beautiful indeed! Even the Japanese singer Luna Haruna participated in the fashion walk because she wears Lolita fashion for herself.
"Shades of Wonderland" photobook
After the show the Dunkelsüß base organized a giveaway where you could win a copy of the huge photobook "Shades of Wonderland" by Werkbank 030. I also participated and left for a concert of the Japanese duo ZWEI at the outdoor stage - they were really good and I liked their show, especially when bassist Megu ran off the stage directly through the crowd, followed by the staff xD They did their best to make fun and create a fabulous atmosphere, but then it started raining that heavily that I escaped into the Dunkelsüß tent. I waited until the winner of the giveaway would be announced, and they pulled the lucky person - but the first four (!) persons weren't present, most likely because of the bad weather... But the fifth person was there - it was me! I was absolutely dumbfounded and over the moon, but I felt a bit unpleasant and observed when everybody looked at me when I took the copy... It weighs 3,5 kilos! I already had heard about the book, but had no real idea of how the final result looks like - but it's really cool and serves very well for explaining Lolita fashion to people who never have heard about it before. Some of the models and even Luna Haruna have signed the front page, it's a really unique copy~

With the signed first page~


Luckily it stopped raining after a while and I left the tent for entering the Anime cinema: They showed "Blue Exorcist: The Movie" I definitely wanted to watch because I really like the Manga. But it was already so full, it didn't seemed as if I would be successful to get inside anymore... All the other waiting people tried to convince the staff we could stand in the back etc, and finally he agreed and let us sit in the middle floor between the seat rows. So I also got a quite good place in the front center on the ground and had a good view~ I enjoyed the film and especially liked the animation technique; it really has improved within the years, compared to the ancient Anime I knew from my childhood days xD

It already got 8.15pm when the movie was over, and because nothing interesting was going on anymore this evening I decided to go home - after playing Pokémon some longer, of course xD In general I had intended to also watch the real movie of Black Butler, but waiting until 10.45pm would have been too long and boring... That was how the Saturday ended.


It was a really cool day indeed, especially because of the "Shades of Wonderland" copy I've won ^__^ big thanks to Dunkelsüß for making this miracle possible~ I was very satisfied with the 41€ I've paid for the two-days ticket, and I have managed to look through everything I wanted to see inside the hall in time before it would have been too late on Sunday.


On the last day photo sessions followed~
See you there!
Junsui




No comments:

Post a Comment